39 cm x 198 cm

9 Oct

That’s how big my finished Clapotis turned out to be after I blocked it – even though I blocked it for width rather than length. It’s also the answer to the question of why it took me nearly three months to complete this thing.

Pattern: Clapotis

Yarn: Araucania Ranco Multy (100 g = 344 m), 2 skeins

Colorway: 335

Needles: 3,5 mm

*****

See how it stretches out to infinity. That’s 33 repeats of the straight rows before beginning the decrease rows.

And the funny thing? I was *this* close to finishing it, when I completely and utterly ran out of yarn.

At that point I just thought to myself – you know what, I don’t think I mind… at least, not enough to rip back.

Just let it be.

The yarn was a delight to work with, but I could’ve done without the bright turquoise bits. For some reason I didn’t realize there was any turquoise in the yarn when I saw it as a skein. That’s variegated yarns for you, always full of surprises.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: