Clessidra

2 Jan

I finished one of those works in progress I lamented earlier. I hadn’t realized this, but I began knitting these socks last March, soooo it only took me a neat 9  months to finish. If I recall correctly, I first took a break from these because they’re a bit on the complex side, and not what you’d call relaxing tv knitting… and then the break stretched on a bit.

Mostly, it says something nice about the pattern and this yarn that I eventually just took the time to knit the other sock as well.

The pattern is Clessidra from the 2007 spring issue of Knitty and I used almost 200 g of Sockenwolle (fingering weight, 100 g = 300 m) from Seehawer & Siebert. I didn’t feel like messing around with stitch numbers to make these bigger, so I used a bigger needle size than the pattern suggests. In the end, this of course forced me to knit fewer rows between calf shaping rows, and fewer rows in the heel flap… thereby completely defeating the whole point of changing the needle size in the first place. Hah!

Mm this color is delicious. I have absolutely no clothes that go together with it and I don’t even care. The yarn is lovely – gives nice stitch definition and is still soft. Instead of the usual acrylic to strengthen the wool, this yarn has some ramie in it. Ramie is, apparently, a plant. Weird! It’ll be interesting to see how well these hold up in use.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: