Good morning! And that’s the first time in a few weeks that I could honestly say that. I have been waking up lately and instantly feeling stressed out because I’ve been working in the mornings and spending the whole rest of the day, every day, for a few weeks working on a seminar paper. It’s the first step towards writing my Master’s thesis. But now it is done, and a weight has lifted! I also got a grade last week, and I’m satisfied🙂
Unfortunately I got the flu just as soon as I finished, and have been too out of it to really sit at the computer and write this.
The blog took a back seat when I got to the point where I couldn’t even think of writing anything after working on the seminar the whole day. I tried most evenings, especially since, and now I can’t help but feel the irony, I got nominated for The Versatile Blogger award by the very kind Agujas. Thank you so much🙂 You made my whole week! It’s so nice to get this sort of feedback.
The rules for the Versatile Blogger Award can be found here.
In short, if you accept the nomination: blog about the award, thank the nominator, list 7 random things about yourself (eta: had a typo there but corrected it), list the rules, and pass the award on to 15 other bloggers (new and/or excellent blogs you follow).
And as per those rules, here are 7 random things about me
- I have entomophobia – more specifically a phobia of beetles, not any other insects, but there isn’t a word for that – and acrophobia (fear of high places). This usually only becomes a problem on vacation… why must so many tourist attractions be high places?😀
- I’m 5′ tall. When I was a teenager, I was offered growth hormones to “correct” this “fault”, but I refused.
- I mostly read sci-fi, fantasy and classics. I took it up as a kid since those were the books lying around the house, and was surprised to learn as I grew older that 2/3 of these are not “girly”. I’m interested in seeing this common attitude change.
- I dream of taking singing lessons.
- I practice fat acceptance and believe in health at every size.
- I actively try to find the positive in everything because if I don’t, I start feeling depressed little by little. I don’t believe positivity is the same as naivety, and I don’t believe life experience must make a person a pessimist.
- I daydream about having all kinds of pets, but I’m far too selfish to properly take care of one. Maybe one day when I’m All Grown Up I’ll get gold fish. Or or a stick insect. Oooh, or a hermit crab!
I’m a shy commenter, so some of these nominations may come as a surprise in that regard, but here are my nominations anyway🙂
Some of the blogs I enjoy: